Why I have a blog

My photo
Since I never seem to get around to sending out Christmas cards or letters, I decided to blog a bit to keep my fans updated. :-)

Monday, January 26, 2009

And the award goes to...

LOTS of Juvenile and Young Adult book awards were announced at the American Library Association Mid-Winter Conference today.

To see winners for all of the awards, click here

The Newbery Award this year went to "The Graveyard Book" by Neil Gaiman

There are 4 honor books
The Underneath by Kathy Appelt

The Surrender Tree : Poems of Cuba's Struggle for Freedom by Margarita Engle

Savvy by Ingrid Law

After Tupac and D Foster by Jacqueline Woodson

Remember that just because a book wins the Newbery it doesn't mean it is something you will enjoy reading. Look for reviews on Amazon or Good Reads. I understand that "Surrender Tree" and "After Tupac" may not be titles I would recommend to my readers, though more than one person I trust liked "Graveyard book" (I'm next in line at the library for that one), and I've had a good review of "The Underneath".

No comments:

Post a Comment