Why I have a blog

My photo
Since I never seem to get around to sending out Christmas cards or letters, I decided to blog a bit to keep my fans updated. :-)

Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Music

Greetings from your long-lost blogger!
I thought I would let you know of some Christmas Concerts happening this weekend in case you need some Christmas cheer!

Christmas Chorus (Treble Choir)
Saturday 2:30 PM (kid-friendly)
Sunday 7PM (well-behaved audience members please)

--These concerts are in the chapel at the state hospital in Provo (top of Center Street). If you are facing the admin building, the chapel is the next building to the right. This choir is in its 31st year and specializes in Christmas Carols from around the world, as well as Benjamin Britten's Ceremony of Carols. (we do the Ceremony of Carols every year). This year we have an awesome gospel piece that I suspect will be an audience favorite.

Utah Baroque Ensemble
Monday 6PM and again at 7:30PM in the Orem Public Library (same program for both performances) Some UBE-only pieces, some audience + choir pieces.

If your kids need to attend concerts as homework for their music classes at school, these are great.

I love these concerts because they are ALL Christmas music, and I do love my Christmas music. fa la la la la...la la la la!

--Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment