Why I have a blog

My photo
Since I never seem to get around to sending out Christmas cards or letters, I decided to blog a bit to keep my fans updated. :-)

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

THE holly-day!

It was my birthday last week while I was away, and I spent it at Disneyland with my neighbors! (But not Silly Girl. She was with us earlier in the week). It was so much fun to play with MA and her family.

If you go to Disneyland on your birthday, stop by City Hall and tell them it is your birthday. You get a big button to pin to your shirt and all day long nearly every Disney worker wishes you "Happy Birthday" -- even street sweepers!

While the 12-year old and I were in the line for Space Mountain, we chatted briefly with a man and woman behind us -- it was the woman's birthday too. The man inquired whether we had been asked any Disney trivia that day, but we had not. He reminded me that it was also Walt Disney's birthday and that he would have been 107 that day.

So...a little while later while we were in the line for It's a Small World, one of the line monitors noticed my button and wished me a "happy birthday", and then said "Did you know that today is Walt Disney's birthday too?" "Yes I did!" was my quick reply. He then asked "Do you know how old he would be today?" "107" says I. Guess what I won? A tinker bell pin. I know you are all jealous!

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous! Tinker Bell is my absolute favorite! :) Happy Late Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Rex's mom is taking all of her family for Christmas. We are coming home on Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete