Why I have a blog

My photo
Since I never seem to get around to sending out Christmas cards or letters, I decided to blog a bit to keep my fans updated. :-)

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Crockpot Pulled Pork

Here is another recipe I have made a couple of times lately:

Crockpot Pulled Pork

1/2 cup Ketchup
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Ground Mustard
1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Liquid Smoke
Dash Red Chili Pepper Flakes
Pinch Salt and Pepper
1 Medium Sweet Onion, chopped
3 Pounds Pork Shoulder


Trim visible fat from pork.

Whisk sauce ingredients together (all but onion and pork) in a crock pot. Place pork and onions into sauce mixture, turning to coat both sides of meat. Cook for 8 to 10 hours on low.

Remove pork from crock pot and put onto a plate and shred with a fork. Discard any bones or pieces of fat. Place meat back into warm sauce to reheat.

Serve on hamburger buns or Kaiser Rolls with BBQ sauce (the liquid in the crock pot will be too thin to use for sandwiches, though I suppose you could thicken it and use it if you like). I like to add a layer of coleslaw to the sandwich.

As a shortcut, you could use 1 1/2 cups prepared BBQ sauce mixed with 1/3 cup of water instead of making a sauce.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delightful! I'm going to have to try it. I love when you comment on my blog. Thanks for being one of my friends.

    Rex is going to Ireland next Friday with his mom and two brothers, so the boys and I are coming up for a week. Hope you'll be around.

    ReplyDelete