Why I have a blog

My photo
Since I never seem to get around to sending out Christmas cards or letters, I decided to blog a bit to keep my fans updated. :-)

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Birth order

Dear siblings,
I've decided to relinquish my position as eldest child to the one who just turned 40. Clearly, he MUST be older than I am. Hmm...I probably should check in with the brother in-between to see if HE wants to be the eldest. He will be 42 soon, and that is definitely older than I want to be right now. So, I would appreciate it if one of you would step up to the plate and trade places with me. Or, maybe I should get in line behind Beth. She turned 36 this year. I like the sound of that!

Love from your younger sister!

3 comments:

  1. I am said newly appointed "older brother." I am not sure I want the gig. This birthday was the most fun in over a decade, however, I have aged quite a bit this year as I make my living trying to help people navigate through the investment landscape to protect and prepare for their futures. Needless to say, I have several new gray hairs on my head and many long attached follicles have abandoned ship. I would like to note that this is still not enough evidence (nor age enough to catch Holly) to make the case for a change in birth order, so I must respectfully decline. Besides, my older brother is much more level headed than I and he shall be "oldest" should you decide to relinquish the throne.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad always wanted to be the "Big" brother. So, he can be oldest. Besides, he is the one with more advanced hair maturity.
    Speaking of maturity, I'm sure I can't claim the title of most mature. I still waste most of my time with toys and games.

    ReplyDelete