Why I have a blog

My photo
Since I never seem to get around to sending out Christmas cards or letters, I decided to blog a bit to keep my fans updated. :-)

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Great performances

For those of you in my area, the Utah Baroque Ensemble will be performing in the Cathedral of the Madeleine (331 E. South Temple, SLC) on Saturday at 8PM. Almost all of the program is music from our tour to Italy in June. We rehearsed there last night, and I was quite pleased with how it sounded. It is nice to feel VERY prepared for a change! Usually there are one or two pieces still giving me trouble, but I've made my peace with the tour music and as long as my attention doesn't wander, life is good.

I like singing in the Cathedral because much of our repertoire was written for that kind of space. I especially love the ringing sound after the end of a piece that seems to hang on for several seconds.

So, if you've nothing better to do on Saturday night (25th), come to the Cathedral!

Oh, and just as a "heads up", the cathedral likes to collect donations from concert-goers, and I think the suggested amount for this one is $10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment